Monday, March 28, 2011

The Way Out

What controls your life?  At some point we all face the realization that we make dumb decisions that go against what we know to be right.  That point of realization comes at different times for different people but when it comes to you, you have a choice to make.  You can choose to keep doing what you've always done or you can choose the only way to truly change your life.  There is only one way to totally break free from a life where mistakes, bad decisions, and selfish motives are the driving force of your life.  The God who created you has provided a way out that leaves you with the ability to overcome your sinful nature.  That way is Jesus.  Jesus, being the Son of God, came to live among us a very long time ago.  While here on Earth he died as a sacrifice to pay the price for our sin.  For those who make the choice to follow him and put their faith in him, God makes them a new person.  He changes you from the inside out and then helps you live each day making the right decisions if you will make the choice to trust him and rely on His power.  No longer are you controlled by selfishness but instead you can live each day with the power of God that He chooses to give you because of his neverending grace.  He doesn't make you into a puppet.  You still have your free will even after you make the decision to follow God's way out.  It's definitely a journey worth taking.  Have you made that choice?

2 comments:

  1. In 2009 I stumbled into church after years of doing drugs. After a few months I snapped out of my daze and realized that I was still in church; I didn't want to be and I was miserable, but for some reason I stayed. God had drawn me in and I just knew that He was the thing that I had been searching for. I walked in and out of drugs and church for over a year after that, but still kept going in hopes that I had found hope and the truth. It was a hard journey and I felt more hopeless, at times, than I had when I was stuck in my addictions. I was trying and searching so hard but I just couldn't do it. Last august I joined a missions group and not only got rid of all the baggage I had been carrying but I also came to a realization of the God man himself. I finally saw the power of the cross and that the reason I had failed at getting clean and living a "good" life, was because I was trying to do it on my own.
    I can honestly say that I am no longer an addict. You know the world teaches that once an addict, always an addict. Now that is true if you stay in the world, but I have found a man that has purified me, of course I don't go messing around in that stuff anymore but also I just don't need to. I found freedom and so can everyone else, but there is only one way to find it. Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been struggling with shame from something that happened a year ago that wasn't my fault. even though I knew this on some level, I've been blaming myself. And I've been afraid to talk to anyone about it because I was ashamed. I decided to open up to a really good friend of mine through a letter and really told him what I was dealing with. I was almost afraid to hear his reaction, but he surprised me. He told me that he's proud of me for talking. Through our discussions I began to learn a lot. Eventually I shared my heart with some friends and even though it felt terrible, it helped. All I got was encouragement and love. Through the words of these friends and a book given to me, I've finally heard God say to me that I am new. I am not bound by this any longer. The reason I haven't been able to escape torment from this memory is because I haven't been doing it right. I can't do anything to fix it or myself. But God can. All it takes is giving it all to Him and trusting that He has a reason for this.

    ReplyDelete